Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Pakistan-Afghanistan ODI series could be canceled as Sri Lanka imposes the blockade

KARACHI: The chances of the scheduled Pakistan-Afghanistan (ODI) one-day international series in Sri Lanka have become bleak after the host country imposed a 10-day national blockade, however, the final decision on this is expected on Sunday (today) .

According to a report published in Geo News, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had previously offered the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) to play the series in Pakistan, but the ACB rejected the proposal.

ACB officials were of the opinion that the ODI series should be played on neutral ground. According to ACB’s plan, their players would arrive in Pakistan by road and from there they would fly to Sri Lanka via Dubai.

Earlier, a PCB spokesman said the ODI series between the two neighboring countries was to take place in Sri Lanka from 3-9 September.

The spokesperson had said the council had plans to start training camp for the series on Aug.21-28, but since the Afghan council hasn’t done its job so far, PCB plans to keep the team announcement and the training camp.

“We don’t want to incur additional expenses,” he added.

The ODI series would not be affected by the change of government: CEO of ACB

Earlier, the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) said on August 18 that the three-game ODI series against Pakistan would be played on schedule, The News reported.

In a statement, the cricket council of Afghanistan said the ODI streak against Pakistan would not be affected by the change of government in the country.

“The Taliban love cricket and are supporting their team. Our ODI vs Pakistan series will go as planned in Sri Lanka. After two days of break due to the current situation in the country, tomorrow the training camp of the national team will resume ”, declared the CEO of ACB Hamid Shinwari.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar